Assignment: Quality Improvement Project Part I
Utilizing leadership concepts and theories relevant to nursing leadership, you will continue to develop the quality improvement project that was started in NURS 410. The plan will be submitted in 3 parts:
In NURS 410, you developed a PICOT Question and Justification and Literature Review that you may use for this paper. You may use information from the literature review you performed in NURS 410 provided that the sources are less than five years old. For this paper, Quality Improvement Intervention/Proposal, Part I – you will develop an evidence-based implementation and evaluation plan for your identified patient care issue.
- You may use the research that you conducted in NURS 410, you will develop an implementation and evaluation plan for your identified patient care needs.
- The research findings should come from peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- When completing the intervention, resources, stakeholders, and evaluation plan, you will need to refer back to the studies that you found when you did your research for part one. You may also need to do additional research to find the information that you need for the paper.
- As you are working on your Quality Improvement project, please keep in mind that your plan needs to come from the evidence in the literature. Some of the information may seem very straightforward and does not need a reference; however, there may be some information that was found in the articles that you searched that may contain some unexpected considerations that may be helpful to you when you develop your intervention.
- If your findings from the literature do not contain any evidence on how their interventions were implemented, you may need to search for some additional literature. If needed, you can always contact our librarians for assistance.
- Identifies problem that needs to be addressed, (insert the PICOT Question and Justification in this section).
- Literature Review Summary
- Findings from the literature review are summarized (Provide a summary of the literature review from NURS 410 if you use it. Do not include an entire literature review)
- The literature review must show that you have synthesized the findings from the literature.
- Please review the following video on how to complete a literature review summary: https://youtu.be/-ny_EUJXHHs
- Use the Synthesis Matrix Worksheet to organize your thoughts and to prepare your summary.
- The findings presented in your literature summary must be related to the proposed intervention.
- Must use seven or more scientific journal articles.
- Intervention Plan
- States proposed intervention plan (based on findings from the literature)
- Outlines a timeline for implementation of the plan
- Outlines responsibilities for implementation and feedback
- Apply a relevant nursing leadership theory/concept to be utilized in order to implement the plan
- Outline how responsibilities for implementation and feedback will be addressed.
Use appropriate APA formatting for the paper and citations. Proofread to address grammar, spelling, and mechanics issues prior to turning the paper in.
This assignment fulfills the following:
- Integrate nursing leadership concepts and theories into the various roles of the professional registered nurse to promote safe and high-quality nursing care.
- Construct a plan to implement and evaluate evidence-based quality improvement projects that are designed to improve patient care outcomes.
- Examine how business principles are used to effectively manage patient care needs in complex and diverse healthcare environments.
- Disseminate findings from evidence-based quality improvement projects to the interprofessional team, to facilitate change in nursing practice.
AACN BSN Essentials:
- Essential II.2: Demonstrate leadership and communication skills to effectively implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the inter-professional team.
- Essential II.5: Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives, recognizing that these are complex system issues, which involve individuals, families, groups, communities, populations, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Essential II.6: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions and describe the process of changing current practice.
- Essential IV.11: Recognize that redesign of workflow and care processes should precede the implementation of care technology to facilitate nursing practice. Essential VIII.14: Recognize the relationship between personal health, self-renewal, and the ability to deliver sustained quality care.
- Essential IX.8: Implement evidence-based nursing interventions as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients and promoting health across the lifespan.