This assignment may be a little difficult because it is a group assignment. My partner don’t really understand the assignment and I’ll rather do my own paper, You can answer the questions the best of your ability.You can think of any personal view of the problem and situation from a cultural perspective. If you want to withdraw from this assignment please let me know.
Social workers need to be able to identify cultural conceptions of illness and mental illness. Because studies show that anxiety and depression differ from culture to culture and within cultures, it is important to build skill using the Cultural Formulation Interview (CFI) to elicit how an individual has actually incorporated their cultural beliefs. While the core interview is a set of 16 questions, more detailed versions expand on each area. In this Assignment, you sensitively apply the CFI to your case collaboration partner as well as research how to address and individualize anxiety resources for your partner’s culture and needs.
- Read the Diaz (2017 Using the Cultural Formulation Interview to Build
Culturally Sensitive Services article ATTACHED) and take note of their experience using the CFI and the advantages they found in the process. Also note the minority stress concerns that arise in those working with anxiety issues in different cultures.
- Review the CFI questions and readings in the DSM-5 on cultural variations, syndromes, and idioms. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1176/app… (I attached if you can’t open it)
- Submit a 4-page paper, using the Diaz article as well as additional resources about culture, in which you do the following:
- Describe the skills or techniques you used to engage your partner during the CFI.
- Identify a 3-5 minute segment in your recorded role-play that best demonstrates your ability to apply culturally sensitive assessment skills.
- Explain which aspects of the CFI were the most helpful in learning about your partner’s personal view of the problem and situation from a cultural perspective.
- Describe the cultural components (e.g., race/ethnicity, religion, geographic region, socio-economic status, etc.) that may influence your partner, and analyze how those cultural components influence their mental health experience.
- Identify which relevant subsections of the CFI you used. Explain why you did (or did not) use a subsection as part of your assessment.
- Analyze how you, as a social work treatment provider, might adjust interventions for the client (your partner), their individualized circumstances, and culture of origin. Be specific and demonstrate critical thought through application of concepts in resources.
- Recommend a specific evidence-based measurement instrument to validate the diagnosis and assess outcomes of treatment. Explain any cultural considerations you made when determining an appropriate instrument, including whether or not the instrument was validated with diverse populations.