Prior to beginning work on this assignment review Chapter 7: Managing for Ethical Conduct and Chapter 8: Ethical Problems of Managers in the course text. Additionally, review the Chapter 7: Managing for Ethical Conduct and Chapter 8: Ethical Problems of Managers PowerPoint presentations as well as the Business Ethics Highlights (Links to an external site.) website.
Using the Business Ethics Highlights (Links to an external site.) website, identify and analyze an ethical case (within the last twelve months) that involves building ethical culture, encouraging managers, and employee engagement.
Support your analysis and recommendations with evidence from at least three scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to textbook, industry reports, and articles from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. Be sure to include any links to professional websites used as references or to access company information.
In your paper,
- Describe the operation of the organization and the cultural elements that drive the engagement of ethical culture for this organization.
- Identify the management issues involved in the case. For example, think about the case in terms of multiple ethical selves, norms, reward systems, diffusion of responsibility, and obedience to authority. What factors contributed the most to the alleged unethical conditions?
- Explain the specific actions a manager could take to try to move employees up the employee engagement continuum. For example, from not engaged to actively engaged.
- List ways you can communicate your standards to your employees and to your peers. As an employee, how can you communicate your ethical standards to your manager?
The Managing for Ethical Conduct paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.