Case Study: United Thermostatic Controls
Read Case Study 3-3: United Thermostatic Controls in Chapter 3, pagees 176-180 of your text.
In two to three pages, supported by evidence from your text and from other research (at least one resource is required), answer the following questions:
- Identify the stakeholders in this case. Identify their interests and United’s obligations to satisfy those interests from an ethical perspective.
- Describe the ethical responsibilities of Tony Cupertino as a CPA and CIA. How do these responsibilities effect whom Cupertino should approach in United based on the organization chart?
- Assume Tony Cupertino decides to delay contacting Walter Hayward and, instead, Cupertino contacts the CFO of Bilco Corporation and offers a 20 percent discount on the total $130,000 cost of merchandise if Bilco agrees to approve the partial shipment on December 30, 2013. Cupertino adds that the $26,000 would be deducted from the remaining $65,000 to be shipped during January 2014. Evaluate Cupertino’s actions with respect to the following:
- Is the offer ethical or unethical? Why?
- Has Cupertino violated any of his reporting responsibilities in directly contacting the CFO of Bilco?
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.