The topic of universal healthcare or, more specifically, a single payer healthcare system, has begun to gain momentum. The idea of universal healthcare is often discussed during election cycles, but legislation on the topic has not made significant progress. Some states have proposed state-level universal care models.
Consider the topic of universal healthcare and your perspective on this topic.
Write a 600- to 800-word paper that discusses universal healthcare in the United States.
Research and Discuss the following topics:
- What is universal healthcare?
- What are some of the problems in our healthcare system that have led to increased interest in and support of universal healthcare?
- How might a universal healthcare system impact cost of care, quality of care, and access to care in the US?
- List two likely positive outcomes of a universal healthcare system.
- List two likely negative outcomes/cons of a universal healthcare system.
- Share your perspective on a universal healthcare system.
Cite at least 2 reputable references. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.